Wednesday 25 July 2012

Blood, Sweat and (almost) Tears

Still no sun, although the horizon was always tantalizingly bright.

Morecombe Bay
I started the day by heading to Morecombe Bay and cycled from there.

I faced the ineviteable puncture, followed almost immediately by a second.  This eventually ended in lots of literal blood, sweat and almost tears (well, lots of drizzle anyway!)

As I came towards Manchester it was great to cycle along the canal of the A6.  The views were lovely.



This leg has been a little more like what I expected, where I have had the chance to chat to a lot of people.  There weren't too many people to talk to in the remote Scottish highlands in the driving rain!  We're staying tonight with friends of the family Wendy and Dennis.  So lovely to be invited into someone's home and to have a little more luxury than a campsite for a change.



I only have one more leg until I reach my home town of Stafford and have a much needed break for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment