Monday 30 July 2012

On the road again...

Mum and Dad organised a brilliant fundraising event come birthday party for me in Stafford. Introduced by the town crier and involving line dancing, a country and western band and a very large cake, the evening was great fun and a pivotal point in the whole trip. Time with my family and time to rest.
Stafford Town Crier
I decided to head back on the road a day early so set off this morning for Tewkesbury.  My brother and his children came to wave me off as I headed South once again.

Making friends
I took the A449, skirting Wolverhampton, and went as far as Kidderminster. Life on the road gets lonely at times, so I was pleased to make a new friend.  Her conversation was a bit wooden however, so I left her and the squirrels and carried on.

Bike and Worcester Cathedral
I then carried on all the way to Worcester, I had to do a few chores such as banking but also took the time to admire the cathedral.


Passing the Avon through Tewkesbury
From here, it was a short ride to Worcester to Tewkesbury - quite possibly the most beautiful stretch of road I have ever cycled on. The views were fantastic - particularly the Ketch viewpoint, just short of Worcester.


Tewkesbury Town Centre is stunning and the Campsite had great views of the Abbey.  I went to Evensong with Mum and Dad - a wonderful way to end the day.



View from my tent: Tewkesbury Abbey



No comments:

Post a Comment