Thursday 26 July 2012

Home to Stafford!

Denzell Gardens
Not one to complain about the weather... but now it's too hot to cycle!

To be honest this was a greta way to travel.  The heat meant that I had to take frequent stops where I could watch the world go by and wait for the weather to cool a little.

Christ Church, Alsager
The first was Denzell Gardens near Nutsford where I stopped for Half Past Tensies.  The lake was tranquil and I watched Dragonflies dart about. Bliss.

From here I cycled to Alsager where I had studied.  The small village had barely changed and I popped into my University Church - Christ Church.  It was here that I held my first Youth work job.  Sadly the college site where I had studied is ina  terrible state.  It is closed and overgrown. However, it was nice to go back and remember the happy days I had studying here.

George and the Dragon Pub
Later on I stopped in the George and the Dragon Pub for Half Past Twosies, waiting for the day to cool a little.

And then finally through Stone (where I was born) to Stafford where I grew up, where I received a phenomenal reception from my nephew and niece!
STAFFORD!
I'll be stopping here for a few days to let the legs recover before pushing on to Lands End.

Here is the last Jelly Baby of the Northern Leg - a little graphic, but one for all the Boxhall Cycling Babytarians out there!







No comments:

Post a Comment