Tuesday 31 July 2012

Lost in Bristol

This morning Dad offered to cycle the next leg.  It lasted one lap of the park before he returned and normal service was resumed!

Another long leg today. A particularly beautiful route from Tewkesbury to Gloucester.  I spent some time in Gloucester admiring the beautiful buildings.

On the way out of Gloucester I suffered a puncture. sadly, for the inner tube, it proved terminal and really held me up!

Puncture!
I then took the A38.  I climbed some big hills on the way to Bristol, although this was made easier by the stunning views over the Avon estuary.
Gloucester Cathedral

Dad and I almost raced each other into Bristol which was rather hilarious... until we both got lost.  Dad found his way out really quickly, but for me it was like they'd hidden the A38 completely.  This added a few miles to the journey!!

Having finally found my way out, we met up with Auntie Sue and Uncle Richard in a layby just beyond Bristol Airport.  Then I flew down to Burnham on Sea home of my good friends Charlotte and Jake and their daughters Naomi and Harriet.  We had a lovely evening with them, and enjoyed a quick walk to the wooden lighthouse which is simply stunning.

Gloucester
I feel absolutely shattered now, so I'm off to my tent in the garden!!
Stunning Burnham on Sea

No comments:

Post a Comment